Friend Makin’ Mondays (a day late….)
Normally on Tuesdays, I do True Confessions Tuesday. I’m changing it up a little this week only because I came across a post on one of the blogs I follow, which led me to another blog, and I loved this post. I look forward to making it a regular on Mondays. Forgive me for being a day late on my first one, but my world is a little crazy right at the moment.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new (like me!), please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Bookworms (Revisited)
- How often do you read for pleasure? Not often enough. If I’m lucky, I get an hour to read in the evening a few times a week and usually it’s just before bed and it ends up putting me to sleep. I try to read more on the weekend if I have time.
- Are you currently reading a book? If so, which one? Yes, I am currently reading Dog Years by Mark Doty, Having two dogs and being a huge dog lover, I love to read books about dogs and especially their relationship with their owners. Fiction, true story, and otherwise, I am always ready to read one, and have tissues on hand.
- Do you subscribe to any magazines and/or newspapers? Weight Watchers Magazine is the only magazine I get in the mail. I get Women’s Health electronically on my Kindle Fire.
- Do you prefer reading traditional books or using an e-reader? I fought the e-readers for a LONG time. I love books, especially hardcover books. The more I love the book, the more I want it in hardcover and want to keep it forever. it wasn’t until the Kindle Fire came along and hubby bought me one as an early Christmas gift that I absolutely fell in love with it and the ability to have endless books and save money on them. I will continue to buy hardcover books for special reads, but I am set with my Kindle Fire.
- How often do you go to the bookstore? Not often enough. I went two weekends ago and it was the first time in months. I usually don’t go just because it saves me money if I am not tempted.
- Do you read at the gym? Well, I currently don’t go to the gym, haven’t had a membership in ages as I decided that I do better running or walking outdoors. But when I did go, I would read a magazine on the treadmill to help kill the time – and usually end up with a headache in the process.
- Have you ever been a member of a book club? No, I have not but I bet it’s fun! But…. I do follow my sister-in-laws fantastic YA book review blog. You can find it here….. http://mtgreviews.wordpress.com/. She has reviews, contests, and more. If you are a YA fan and love to read, it’s a must read.
- Do you wear glasses when you read? Nope.
- Has anyone read the Hunger Games? YES! I’ve read the first two books, still have to read the third. Super excited for the movie to come out.
- What is your favorite thing about reading? I like getting lost in the story and getting to know the characters and it relaxes me.
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!