Friend Makin’ Mondays
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
When I was a kid…
- My parents told me… not to bite my fingernails, mostly it was my dad telling me this.
- I wanted to grow up to be a… an architect.
- I refused to eat… I don’t really remember having specific food dislikes then. I don’t even think my extreme distaste of american cheese was around then.
- My favorite thing to do outside was… ride my bike. I had a white bike with a yellow banana seat and a cool am/fm radio mounted on it with a horn that my parents got me from Radio Shack.
- I broke my… foot in high school, running down the driveway. Couldn’t drive my truck, which was a standard, until it healed.
- I liked to wear… I don’t really remember liking anything specific but I know I wore alot of pull-over sweaters.
- My parents always… enjoyed taking all of us on road trips. We crossed the US many times.
- I thought that Santa was… real, of course!
- My favorite cartoon was... Scooby Doo and Strawberry Shortcake
- I was the… oldest.
- I got in trouble when… of course I don’t remember every doing anything wrong, HA!!!! I’m sure I got in trouble for being mean to my brother more than once.
- My bedroom was… a reflection of who I was and who I idolized. When I was 9, I had a white canopy bed with Holly Hobby bedding and I loved it. My first posters were of The Dukes of Hazzard, specifically John Schneider, and anything having to do with Fame! As I got older, the canopy bed went away. I became a fan of Marilyn Monroe. As my love of music expanded, I had posters of George Strait, Bon Jovi, Poison, and many more.
- My favorite food was… Italian and Mexican. I have never had a problem enjoying food and could always eat more than I needed to.
- My parents always made me… I had to try a new food at least once. If I didn’t like it, I didn’t have to eat it again.
- My first crush was… John Schneider, seriously. I wanted to marry him. I always watched the Dukes of Hazzard. Does anyone remember when he came out with a record, It’s Now Or Never? I do, it was 1981, and I listened to it on my portable record player, over and over again.
- My favorite toy was… I loved my big Barbie doll house. But I also loved that portable record player.
- I thought school was… necessary. I always liked school, but also wanted to be at home. As I got older, I liked school more and more.
- My biggest fear was… something happening to my mom or dad.
- My favorite story was… I have always LOVED to read. I was the kid that read alot over the summer and I was always reading at a higher grade level than I was in. I loved all of the Judy Blume books, especially Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. I could read her books over and over again. I probably still would if I had them.
- My favorite memories… I have many wonderful memories of being 10, we were living in Maryland, I was playing tennis, and my little brother had just been born. I had so much fun helping my mom with him. We would go to upstate New York at Christmas to my uncle’s house. We would have family gatherings, my grandfather and everyone would be there. It was a great time.
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to answer the questions on your blog and share your link in my comments! Happy Monday!