Friend Makin’ Mondays: Cooking Habits
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Cooking Habits
1. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home? I definitely go through phases on what I like to cook. Two of my current faves are tilapia with zucchini and tomatoes AND chicken tacos.
2. Do you like to experiment in the kitchen, or do you prefer to stick to the basics? Ironically, I like to experiment. And I say ironically because I used to be terrified of cooking and didn’t think I had it in me. I like to mix ingredients that I like and try new things. The basics might get me started but then I’ll expand on it from there.
3. What is your favorite cookbook? I currently really like the Best Darn Food Ever cookbook from WW. Otherwise, despite all the cookbooks I own, I really like finding recipes online.
4. Do you have any tricks to share that help you reach your fruits and veggies goal for the day? During the week, I try to always have a fruit with breakfast or mid-morning snack, a banana being my favorite. I like to have veggies with dinner, the more colorful, the better. And salads are a good way to get a real assortment in.
5. What’s the most interesting thing you made last week? Whoopie Pies. I have never made them before. The recipe came from the Best Darn Food Ever cookbook I mentioned above. Hubby liked them, even though he was used to them being made with an icing in the middle instead of marshmallow cream. They came out much bigger than I wanted, so the next time I know what to do different, or will at least try to do different. You can see my post about the Whoopie Pies here: https://thiscrazylifeofmine2012.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/sunday-in-the-kitchen-042912/
6. How often do you watch cooking shows on TV? I don’t. I used to watch The Cake Boss but it was just to be amazed by the cakes, not to try and make them.
7. When you’re hungry, where are you most likely to look first? The refrigerator, or the pantry? The refrigerator, always.
8. List a few healthy staples that can always be found in your kitchen. There is always boneless skinless chicken breast in the freezer. I bag it by the piece so I can make as little or as much as I want. I also buy and freeze tilapia – it thaws very quickly. There are always bananas, salad fixings, and veggies. I used to eat alot of grapes but I got tired of them. Right now, I have watermelon and mangos in the fridge. I also try to have fresh salsa because it makes for a good topping on baked potatoes or fish.
9. Are you motivated to cook at home even when you’re eating alone? Yes, and if I’m cooking just for myself, I tend to be a little more creative then if I’m cooking for the two of us.
10. How often do you try new recipes? I save a lot of recipes and swear I have to try them. I can go forever without trying a new one. This month, I’ve tried at least one new one a week.
Be sure to share your answers if you participate. This was a fun one!