Category Archives: breathe
Tuesdays sure do seem to come around quickly. And Tuesday means it’s True Confessions day. Today’s confessions are done with a little twist, they are all about running. This all came to me as I was running this morning. (I seem to have my best blogging ideas when I’m running…).
- I CONFESS that I run for me, myself, and I. I don’t run for anyone else.
- I CONFESS that running is as much mental as it is physical for me. I need to run not only for the sake of my butt and thighs, but also for my well-being. It is an outlet for every emotion that I am feeling on any given day. It is good for my mind and my heart, and it reminds me to just breathe.
- I CONFESS that I don’t feel the least bit guilty when I take an hour to run. When I put my headphones on and listen to whatever music fits my mood, I am lost in the music and the pounding of my feet on the pavement and how good it makes me feel.
- I CONFESS that if I did not run, it is highly likely that I would need some form of medication. I’ve been down the anti-depressant path before and while I am not opposed to taking medication when it is needed, I would much rather deal with it naturally, without other side effects. The benefits of running far outweigh any little pill I could take.
- I CONFESS that I have a hard time considering myself to be a runner, but every time I get out there and run, it’s a little easier.
- I CONFESS that some days it is really hard to get out there and run, but it is ALWAYS worth it when it’s done.
- I CONFESS that running makes me feel confident, strong, and healthy.
- I CONFESS that I don’t run fast and I don’t run pretty. But I put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
- I CONFESS that I am so very luck to live next to Eagle Lake Park, where the sunrises are amazing. Here is a a photo from this morning’s run…
Do you have confessions about why you run? I’d love to hear them!
What a week this has been. It’s been busy, crazy, overwhelming, and I was not at my best when I caved into the evilness of the Pizza Hut Dinner Box on Monday. I still say it was DE-LISH but it has had me stressing over my weigh-in this week.
This morning was my weigh-in and my moment of truth. Let me start by saying that I wasn’t as fearful of the scale this morning as I was earlier in the week when thinking about it. I own everything I do and eat, so there is no one to blame but myself for a gain. I am accountable for anything I do. And a gain this week would CLEARLY have been from the evil pizza/breadsticks/cinamonn sticks. There are times when the thought of seeing a gain due to a really bad meal will stop me from that meal, it’s enough for me to make better choices. There are times when I just don’t care, or I care less at that moment.
With that said, I weighed in this morning at the EXACT same weight as last week. I maintained. And I couldn’t be happier about it. Whew!
Yesterday was a hard day. Without getting into it just now, just know that had it not been the day before weigh-in, I would have eaten everything in site and probably would have thrown in a few drinks as well. Somehow this morning’s weigh-in outweighed (no pun intended) the emotional eating that I could have very easily given into. That’s my thing, emotional eating. Stressed, upset, scared, hurt, you name it – it sends me straight to the nearest food or snack or drink that is bad for me.
Today starts a new week, with new choices to make. I’ve already indulged in a McD’s lunch because I have the extra points for it, and that’s what they’re there for. It’s all a balance of not depriving myself and choosing what to have and if it’s worth the consequences. Today it’s worth it.
Just breathe will be my mantra today and in the coming days.