Category Archives: Eagle Lake Park
This morning on my way to work, I stopped at Starbucks. My newest obsession there s the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher. Oh. My. Gosh. It is so yummy and well, refreshing! It’s actually made with Green Coffee Extract, basically taken from a coffee bean while it’s still green, before they are roasted. It has no coffee flavor whatsoever (which I do love), low calories, and NO fat. This drink is perfect for summertime. I even like it better than the Passion Tea Lemonade. One of the things I like the most about it is the whole blackberries they put in it. This drink lasts me a couple hours – as it melts down, I add more ice and it’s still just as yummy. I was enjoying it so much this morning, I had to document it…
In my email today, I received the first two weeks of workouts for the Best Body Bootcamp 2 that starts on Monday. I am really impressed by all the information and how thorough it is. Well worth the $25 entry fee. I printed out everything, including screenshots of the exercises, and I put it all in a binder. No searching for any of it when I need it, I know right where it is. And because I’m kind if a geek, I out it all in a binder and even made a nifty cover for the front of it. I can’t wait to get started.
After having rain off and on everyday this week, I decided to skip out of work a little bit early so I could get home and walk. I decided to take Blue and Ozzie to the park with me. We made it 2 miles before they were ready to keel over and die, but they had a fun time. They so love the park and there is much excitement when we’re getting ready to go. It seemed to take forever to get out the door, and the 2 miles took a really long time to walk with all the stop and start. But I am positive that I also got an upper body workout at the same time. It can be a bit challenging to walk 2 dogs.
Since I like to do at least 3 miles, when we got home from the park, I jumped on the treadmill. I was all hot and sweaty and decided to push myself. I did 1 mile on an incline of 10. Holy quads, did I feel that. It was awesome. I was definitely #fitfluential today!
Hubby is working late tonight so I was on my own for dinner. I decided to cook some lean ground beef, zucchini, and onion. It was very tasty and filling.
I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. As always, I am so ready for the weekend. I need some down time and I hope to get some more miles in !
A day late on my Happiness Is… post for the week. Better late than never!
- Looking forward to a family day. Today we are celebrating Easter, and my sister and dad’s birthday. Jenni and Daddy always celebrated their birthday’s together. When we celebrate Jenni’s birthday, it is second nature to honor my dad’s birthday as well.
- Going to breakfast Saturday morning with my hubby. We always have so much going on and I am always trying to get a run in on the weekend mornings. I decided yesterday it was a great day to go out for breakfast since we were both home with no real plans. Off we went to Village Inn for a delicious breakfast. It was a great start to the day.
- Having time to finish reading a fantastic book, Starters by Lissa Price.
- Getting good news at my mom’s follow-up appointment on Wednesday. Still very happy – and thankful – with the results and knowledge that she is cancer-free!
- Making a delicious dinner last night, without worrying about how many points it is. Sometimes you just have to not worry about it, and that’s exactly what I did.
- Being okay with not running this weekend because I got a run in Friday morning and I know I’ll get two morning runs in this week.
- Knowing that last week I met my goal of 3 runs for the week!
- The gorgeous weather we’ve had this weekend. It cooled down Friday afternoon and has been so nice!
- Seeing my sunrise photo from last Tuesday featured on the Largo Patch website and Facebook page. I knew when I took the photo that it was a great one.
Tuesdays sure do seem to come around quickly. And Tuesday means it’s True Confessions day. Today’s confessions are done with a little twist, they are all about running. This all came to me as I was running this morning. (I seem to have my best blogging ideas when I’m running…).
- I CONFESS that I run for me, myself, and I. I don’t run for anyone else.
- I CONFESS that running is as much mental as it is physical for me. I need to run not only for the sake of my butt and thighs, but also for my well-being. It is an outlet for every emotion that I am feeling on any given day. It is good for my mind and my heart, and it reminds me to just breathe.
- I CONFESS that I don’t feel the least bit guilty when I take an hour to run. When I put my headphones on and listen to whatever music fits my mood, I am lost in the music and the pounding of my feet on the pavement and how good it makes me feel.
- I CONFESS that if I did not run, it is highly likely that I would need some form of medication. I’ve been down the anti-depressant path before and while I am not opposed to taking medication when it is needed, I would much rather deal with it naturally, without other side effects. The benefits of running far outweigh any little pill I could take.
- I CONFESS that I have a hard time considering myself to be a runner, but every time I get out there and run, it’s a little easier.
- I CONFESS that some days it is really hard to get out there and run, but it is ALWAYS worth it when it’s done.
- I CONFESS that running makes me feel confident, strong, and healthy.
- I CONFESS that I don’t run fast and I don’t run pretty. But I put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
- I CONFESS that I am so very luck to live next to Eagle Lake Park, where the sunrises are amazing. Here is a a photo from this morning’s run…
Do you have confessions about why you run? I’d love to hear them!
A walk doesn’t have to be about fitness, or beating a previous time or distance. If doesn’t have to be about rushing to get it done. Sometimes it’s nice to take your time and enjoy the scenery and that’s exactly what I did today.
I got home early and decided it was the perfect time to take Blue and Ozzie to the park after being cooped up all week. I put their leashes on and and off we went, in no hurry to get home. We walked to our beautiful park, Eagle Lake park, which we are so fortunate to have right across the street. We walked the entire length of the park, north to south and back. We stopped to take pictures, even sat down in the grass which Blue and Ozzie loved.
It was a nice way to end the week and I’m so glad we went!
|Do we really get to walk the WHOLE park?|
|So happy to be at the park!|
|Enjoying a break!|
|Can we have a treat?!|
|What a view!|
|So lucky to live across the street.|
|Not much of a breeze today, but look at that blue sky.|
|Yay for walks!|
|Me and my happy boys!|
|We love you, mommy!|
|Aren’t I incredible handsome, mommy?|
|You know you want to give me a treat!|
|Love my shoes.|
|Walking buddies, love to be together.|